At East Morton CE Primary School our extra-curricular programme is underpinned by our School Vision:
All are inspired to achieve their full potential in our loving community of life-long learners, where:
- Everyone is valued;
- Every chance is provided for all to flourish in the security of God’s love; and
- Every day brings the enjoyment of life in all its fullness.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love1 Corinthians 13:13
We provide a vast range of opportunities throughout the school year for our learners to participate in range of extra-curricular activities including art, dance, drama, music, sport, outdoor pursuits and many more.
Participation in extra-curricular activities is a very rewarding and meaningful learning experience that enhances a child’s education, preparing them for secondary school and the wider world. The children learn to manage the time demands, responsibility, dedication and sacrifices required when making this kind of commitment.
Extra-curricular activities running in the 2019-20 academic year include:
- Peripatetic music lessons for instruments including violin, cello, clarinet, flute, saxophone, drum kit, trumpet, cornet, tenor horn, trombone, piano, keyboard, guitar and ukulele;
- Musical groups including Junior and Senior choirs, Orchestra, Brass Band, Samba and Tuned percussion;
- Sport and activity clubs led by school staff including Ball Games, Cross Country, Hockey, Film Club, Drama, Athletics, Skipping, Times tables, Eco-club and Drawing.
- Clubs led by external providers including Gymnastics, Street Dance, Code Club, SportsCool Bounceball & Assault Course and Bradford City in the Community.
- Young Leaders clubs, led by Year 6 children during lunchtimes and targeted at our younger children.
- The opportunity to participate in sporting competitions, including cross country, indoor athletics, hockey, netball, football, orienteering, tennis and the Bingley Schools Swimming Gala.