We are a team of friendly parents who work together to support our wonderful school. Our role as a fully certified charity is to raise funds for our school by hosting fun and exciting events for all the family. We are all fully DBS checked and the team includes members who are Food Hygiene certified and also First Aid trained. Our current committee members are:
- Donna Ashton (Chair & Acting Secretary)
- Katie Whitham (Treasurer)
- Rachel Ingram (Acting Secretary)
- Nickolas Woolgar
- Charlotte Clayton
- Sarah Tennant
We run monthly meetings to plan and organise our events and are always looking into new ways to make each and every event unique, fun and exciting.
Our annual events
- Christmas Market – A magical event with a variety of stalls to purchase gifts or treats. There are also games, activities, crafts, café, raffle and not to mention a visit from Santa himself!
- Christmas & Summer Discos – Time for the children to put on their party outfits on and have a boogie!
- Santa’s Secret Room – Mrs Claus joins our elves in Santa’s secret room. The children will have a chance to pick a gift of their choice for their parents/carers or grandparents. These will then be wrapped ready for them to take home and proudly hand over on Christmas Day!
- Spring Fair – A family fun day with activities, stalls and games.
- Fun Day – A family fun day with activities, games, bouncy castles, tombolas, café, face painting and of course ‘Splat the Staff’, which is always our most popular stall!
- We also hold adult only events which change yearly, but which have included Quiz Nights, Race Nights and Gin Tasting Events.
Throughout the year, funds raised go towards numerous causes within school. We contribute towards residential school trips, themed weeks such as Science week and Arts week, day trips, Year 6 autograph books and the Year 6 end of year trip.
How can you help?
We are always looking for volunteers to help to run our events. From setting up at events, to the running of a stall, without your continued support and help, our events could not go ahead. So a huge thank you from all of us!
If you would like to be an event volunteer, then please come and join our ‘Sunbeams’ team. If you can spare just 30 minutes at any of our events to help in anyway, it would be greatly appreciated.
Please see our Facebook page for more information. https://www.facebook.com/Friendsofmortonsunbeams/
Match funding is also a fantastic way to help with our fundraising. If you work at, or know, a company who supports match funding, then please do let us know. Please contact us for further information.
Please follow us on our Facebook page and Twitter for information on all our events.
Or alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.