GDPR and Data Protection
The Government introduced new legislation in June 2018 known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This affects all organisations that hold personal data including schools.
Schools are authorised by law to hold and share necessary data for the provision of education, and the GDPR changes do not change this legal authority.
East Morton CE Primary has always taken the privacy and security of our pupil data very seriously and we have worked hard to ensure that we are compliant with the new regulations. Our Executive Business Manager, Mrs Suzanne Spencer undertakes the role of Data Protection Co-ordinator for the school and the Trust Data Protection Officer is Mr Peter Thompson.
As a member of Bradford Diocesan Academy Trust, we have adopted BDAT’s GDPR Privacy Notices for Pupils, Parents and Staff. These can be accessed on the Trust website: www.bdat.org. Should you require paper copies of these documents, please contact the school.
If you have any questions about data protection or GDPR, please contact Suzanne Spencer, our Data Protection Co-ordinator.
This statement describes how the Governing Body of East Morton CE Primary School intends to fulfil its responsibilities, under the Public Sector Equality Duty, with regard to its workforce.
We will have due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act;
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it; and
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not share it.
We will collect and use equality information to help us to:
- Identify key issues.
- Understand the impact of our policies, practices and decisions on people with different protected characteristics, and thereby plan the more effectively.
- Assess whether you are discriminating unlawfully when carrying out any of our functions.
- Identify what the key equality issues are for our organisation.
- Benchmark our performance and processes against those of similar organisations, nationally or locally.
- Consider taking steps to meet the needs of staff who share relevant protected characteristics.
- Identify if there are any actions we can take to avoid discrimination and harassment, advance equality of opportunity or foster good relations.
- Make informed decisions about policies and practices which are based on evidence about the impact of our activities on equality.
- Develop equality objectives to meet the specific duties.
- Have due regard to the aims of the general equality duty by ensuring that staff have appropriate information for decision-making.
We will work towards developing an equality profile of staff to help us to understand key equality issues in our workforce, including any evidence of pay gaps or ‘occupational segregation’ i.e. staff with certain protected characteristics being over-represented in particular roles, for example, women as cleaners, or at certain grades. In addition, we note that it is likely to be useful to collect and consider information, appropriately disaggregated, about:
- recruitment and promotion
- numbers of part-time and full-time staff
- pay and remuneration
- return to work of women on maternity leave
- return to work of disabled employees following sick leave relating to their disability
- grievances (including about harassment)
- disciplinary action (including for harassment
- dismissals and other reasons for leaving.
Publication of Equality Information
We will collect and use enough workforce information to effectively meet the general equality duty. Where relevant and proportionate, we will publish on our website some information about the impact of our employment functions on people with the different protected characteristics in order to demonstrate equality in action here at East Morton CE Primary School.
For information relating to the Gender Pay Gap Report, please see www.bdat.org.
To view other documents relating to Equality at East Morton CE Primary School, please visit our Policies page.