Friends of Morton
We are very fortunate at East Morton CE Primary School to have a Friends group that is, and has been, an integral part of the school community for many years. In its time Friends of Morton has raised many thousands of pounds, which has been spent on improving equipment and resources to enhance our children's education and the facilities in school in general.
The Friends of Morton Committee is made up of a group of volunteer parents, who help organise events throughout the year, including:
- events specifically for the children, like the twice-yearly school discos and Santa's Secret Room where they can choose Christmas presents for their parents
- social evenings for parents & their friends, including an annual Quiz Night, a Ceilidh and a Race Night
- and large family events like the annual Fun Day which takes place in the summer, and a Christmas Fair featuring stalls, a cafe, children's Christmas Crafting and Santa's Grotto.
There are lots of ways parents can help and support their child through Friends:
- Offering to help before events, or at other times during the year is so valuable – it really is a case of 'many hands make light work'. It doesn't matter if you can't help on a regular basis, or even if you can't come into school. There are always little jobs that can be done from home if you have half an hour to spare e.g. wrapping gifts, preparing raffle tickets, etc. We really couldn't achieve what we do without the unseen 'army of help' that exists in school.
- You can of course, if you feel able, volunteer to be a Committee Member.
- You can attend the AGM and give us your ideas for fundraising events – this is also the time to ask questions or voice your opinion.
- You can help by letting us know if you have any contacts or skills we could use – anything is valuable to us. There is a form at the back of the booklet you can download below to fill in and return or you can email us at email@example.com.
For further information about Friends of Morton, please download the booklet below.