At East Morton CE Primary School the curriculum, underpinned by our Christian foundation, prepares our children for a constantly changing world, giving them the necessary skills to both appreciate and contribute to British society and lead happy, healthy lives. Values such as responsibility, respect, love and forgiveness permeate all that we do.
Our curriculum provides children with the opportunity to:
- Learn to value others, their views, cultures and beliefs
- Celebrate the uniqueness of everyone, treating everyone with care and respect
- Develop a range of skills to support life-long learning
- Communicate and interact effectively with others
- Listen and empathise
- Make a positive contribution to the school, local and wider community
- Enjoy the challenge of learning in a variety of ways, making full use of the indoor and outdoor environment and the wider locality
- Become reflective learners who have a sense of responsibility for their own learning and development
- Learn independently, with and from others
- Become active learners who are resilient and adaptable
- Know the importance of achieving their best.
Primary National Curriculum
The following are extracts from the Department for Education's Primary National Curriculum.
End of Year Expectations
These documents list the end of year expectations for children at our school.
Maths Calculation Policy
Our calculation policy shows how maths is taught in each year.
2017 Open Evening Presentations
Please find below the class slide shows from the Open Evening presentations on Thursday 28th September.
Click on the presentation to open it in a separate box and access play & pause buttons.
For more detailed information about the curriculum, please see the class half-termly newsletters which are available on our Parents Area 'Letters from School' page.