Welcome to East Morton CE Primary School
East Morton CE Primary School is a comprehensive day school that caters for boys and girls of four to eleven years. As a Church of England Voluntary Controlled School it is a Church Foundation, controlled and funded by the Local Education Authority (LEA).
Our school has a long history and tradition as part of East Morton village. Replacing the previous Morton National School, which was located on the current village green and had served the area since 1845, it relocated to its current site in 1977. Semi-open-plan in design, with classrooms opening onto shared creative areas and quiet rooms, the new building was awarded the National Education School Design Award. An extension to the building was opened in April 2002, providing three separate classrooms and a library area for use by Key Stage 2, and the Year 2 and 3 classrooms were extended in 2009. More recently, in Summer 2012, the staffroom was extended to provide more space for staff work and in Summer 2014 the year 1 classroom was extended and a purpose made music room was created.
Our School is in an attractive setting, situated at the junction of Street Lane, Morton Lane and Carr Lane, and surrounded by fields. We have our own grounds which provide grassed and tarmac areas on which the children work and play; we are particularly proud of our school garden which includes flower beds and vegetable plots, and our Environmental Garden which is enclosed and is complete with a pond, bird hide and outdoor classroom providing a protected environment for the children to learn about birds, creatures and plants. We were delighted to be able to open our MUGA (Multi-Use Games Area) in the summer of 2006, which provides our children with a safe environment for outdoor games.